The Iowa Hospital Association (IHA) is proud to support the Health Care Careers Scholarship program. Available through the Iowa Hospital Education and Research Foundation (IHERF), an IHA subsidiary, these scholarships of up to $7,000 ($3,500 per year for a maximum of two years) each have supported higher education for more than 560 Iowa college students.
The ultimate goal of this program is to fill Iowa health care positions that currently have a notable number of openings by offering significant financial support to students seeking health care education or training. In exchange for that financial support, each award recipient must commit to working one year in an Iowa hospital for each year of scholarship award.
All scholarships applications must be submitted online at the IHERF scholarship website, which helps students confirm eligibility before beginning the application process. Each student (standard and/or non-traditional) must meet and agree to all the requirements below before applying:
- Students enrolled in an accredited program leading to licensure or a clinical laboratory degree (eligible health careers for the program are listed on the IHERF Website) www.iowahospitalscholarships.org
- Students within two-years of completing their professional education.
- Students who complete the online application form and submit three professional references and all scholarship requirements by the deadline.
- Following graduation, agree to work for an Iowa hospital (to include Iowa hospital owned clinics and long-term care facilities) (one year for each scholarship awarded) in the career and in the district selected on the application form.
- Should the scholarship be for the Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT) Certification Program the student agrees to work for one year with an EMT company serving Iowa hospitals in the district selected on the application form.
This flyer can be distributed to students interested in applying.
Apply for college scholarships for health care careers at iowahospitalscholarships.org from December 1, 2020 – March 30, 2021.
Learn more about the health care careers scholarship program through this comprehensive webcast. Click here to begin.
"I am honored to have received this scholarship and I hope that in the future I can be in a position to pay this opportunity forward to someone else and make a difference in students' lives as you have done with mine. Your generosity is allowing my dreams and goals to become a reality." – Taylor Davis, UnityPoint Health-Iowa Methodist Medical Center